From Cashmere Cat to Machine Gun Kelly, these were the songs that I had on repeat throughout November…
1. “Trust Nobody” – Cashmere Cat ft. Selena Gomez & Tory Lanez
- What I love about it: I was initially surprised by a Selena and Tory combo, but their voices and styles actually work really well together. The entire song is sultry and addicting, from lyric to beat.
- Favorite lyric: “You must be somebody, ’cause I don’t trust nobody…”
2. “Bad Things” – Machine Gun Kelly & Camila Cabello
- What I love about it: It’s a beautiful love song with raw lyrics, giving two perspectives inside a relationship that only they understand.
- Favorite lyric: “The way we love is so unique, and when we touch, I’m shivering. Yeah, no one has to get it — just you and me.”
3. “My Girl” – Alex Marshall
- What I love about it: It has a pounding pop beat that you can’t resist, but it isn’t only about that — Alex’s vocals shine through and overshadow it all.
- Favorite lyric: “I nearly lose it when she looks my way, taking over the room but only starin’ at me.”
Check out my review of Alex’s debut solo single, “Hurricane,” here.
4. “Loveless” – La Bouquet Band
- What I love about it: It reminds me of rock songs in the late ’90s and early 2000s — it manages to be warm and heartbreaking at the same time.
- Favorite lyric: “Maybe I’m just hopeless enough to feel alone, but selfish enough to write this song.”
Listen to “Loveless” on SoundCloud here.
5. “Lights Down Low” – MAX ft. gnash
- What I love about it: Everything. The beat is a thrilling rollercoaster, and the lyrics hit you right in the center of your chest no matter how many times you listen to the song. It’s clear MAX poured his heart into this, and it’s beautiful.
- Favorite lyric: “I will give you everything, baby. Can you feel this energy? Take it. You can have the best of me, baby.”
Check out of my review of gnash’s us EP here.